Welcome! Glad you are here!

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil,
to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 (NKJV)

Sharing resources, research, ideas, inspiring scripture, success stories and even failures...

Monday, September 26, 2011

And so it begins...

Hi All!!!  It is time for me to take my own medicine because we are in the midst of a really tough situation with Nathan at school right now.  When God has you in a situation but doesn't open any other doors you realize there is something to be learned, done or taught in the process.  I believe in my heart that we are where we are to effect some change in our preschool to benefit others in the future.  We will stand strong!


My job has also been quite tough and last week was especially stressful. Politics, politics... it is NEVER the kids that push me over the edge!  In all, I am thankful for God's peace: staying calm, only crying a little bit and remaining objective towards achieving my goal!


Unlike similar situations in the past, I am at peace.  It must be that "tough skin" I was talking about in my last post.  I have my ducks in a row, my home team is lined up and we're ready to take this on head-on!!!  I have an amazing couple as my faith partners and prayer warriors. It never ceases to amaze me how God always moves them to act right when I need it when they live miles away and we barely speak. Just yesterday, as I finished firing my emails to the "powers that be" getting ready for another crazy week, I get an email from my friend sharing this link... another family on this path. And there it was: I'm not alone and God is with me!  I share this wonderful website with you: http://thepacepack.com/index.html

I am happy to report that our new special needs ministry, CLJ Buddies, started this past Sunday and was successful!  I am so thankful to God and continue to pray that this will all move smoothly. So far we have 11 people interested in working with us! And God continues to give me peace.  Please send me a message if you want more information!

I am also happy to report that our walk for Autism Speaks is this Sunday and our team has raised almost $5,000!!!!  Praise God!!!!  I can't take any of the credit because one family did the most amazing job at fundraising that I've ever seen!  I am so proud to be on their team! If you are interested in making a donation, please feel free to visit our team page: http://www.walknowforautismspeaks.org/greaterboston/peaceinthepuzzle

This is not my most eloquent post, nor do I have any witty prose to share with you because I am spent. Our God is an awesome God and He is there to pick us up when we fall down... and when we feel most lost and alone is when He is right by our side.  When the world is crumbling around us we are in His pocket of protection and stand firm holding on to His promises.  This, too, shall pass.  I choose peace, determination and faith. Who's with me???

Blessings!
DC

No comments:

Post a Comment