Welcome! Glad you are here!

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil,
to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 (NKJV)

Sharing resources, research, ideas, inspiring scripture, success stories and even failures...

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

In the Shadow of His Wings

Hi all! It surely has been a interesting week for us but I am glad and thankful to report that the little man is doing MUCH, MUCH better at school.  Please keep the prayers coming.

My mom has been away in Chile doing "her thing" for what has seemed like eternity. At least in this day and age of technology there are so many ways to stay in touch even though she is miles and miles away. This is an email she sent me while she was gone. She knew we were going through some serious trials with the little guy and his school and wanted to remind me that we are under God's eternal protection.  I tried to track down the author of the email but have not had success... if anyone sees this and can give the author credit, please let me know. I'd like to give credit where credit is due. I do know the picture is listed as "photographer unkown." It truly is a beautiful scene! The text in the email read:
"Reminds me of Psalm 91:4- He will cover you with his feathers, he will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection."
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.
There is absolutely nothing to fear about tomorrow; for God is already there"

In my search for the photographer of this amazing picture I stumbled upon an article in a newspaper in the UK. It featured two pictures of a mother swan with her babies.
The article, in the dailynews.co.uk had the following caption: The mute swan and her fluffy cargo were caught on camera by Richard Meston on a visit to Bicton Park Botanical Gardens near Sidmouth, Devon. 

Mr Meston, 32, said: ‘The cygnets had been splashing in the water around their mum. They looked like they were starting to get tired and one by one started to scramble up on their mum’s back. She didn’t mind at all and even gave them a nudge up.’
The father of three from Bournemouth added: ‘After they got settled in, she covered them with her wings protectively like a cushion and went on her way.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1203971/All-aboard-Mother-swan-takes-babies-wing-trip-pond.html

I find these images much more poignant because although the picture of the colorful bird shows its protection of the babies under its wings, the image of the mother swan shows how God not only protects us but He CARRIES us during those hardest times. Just like the mommy swan, He sees our struggles, picks us up and carries us when we begin to get tired. He is our ever faithful daddy whose love never fails. Jesus said in Matthew 11:28-30 "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." I pray you, too, will find your comfort and peace under His wings!  

Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

  1. It is a well-known fact that Illuminati consist of Multi Millionaires,
    Billionaires who have major influence regarding most global affairs,
    including the planning of a New World Order. Many world leaders,
    Presidents, Prime Ministers, royalty and senior executives of major Fortune
    500 companies are members of Illuminati. join a secret cabal of mysterious
    forces and become rich with boundless measures of wealth in your company or
    any given business, the great Illuminati can make everything possible just
    contact : join666cult@gmail.com or WhatsApp +1(646)481-0376 EL
    IAI LEXION Thaddeus Iam Vice-President of Citizen Outreach THE ILLUMINATI
    ORGANIZATION

    Do not hesitate to contact us by WhatsApp.

    Whatsapp: +1(646)481-0376
    Email : join666cult@gmail.com

    BEWARE OF SCAMMERS, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS REGISTRATION FEE AND YOU MUST
    BE ABOVE THE AGE OF 18YRS.
    THANKS...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete