Welcome! Glad you are here!

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil,
to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 (NKJV)

Sharing resources, research, ideas, inspiring scripture, success stories and even failures...

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Poem About Us

Hi everyone! Here is a poem I wrote this week. I feel it was truly divinely inspired. I am very proud of it, yet kind of reluctant to share it as feels so personal, but I know there are those of you out there who need to read this message.

I had been reflecting on how far God has brought our little man and our family since this point one year ago. From a non-verbal, aggressive, tantrumming and disconnected little ball of energy to the verbal, sweet, social, loving, kind, potty trained little guy we see today. Yes, we still have a long way to go, but NO ONE could have paid me to believe a year ago that we'd be here today. I have seldom shared with others that intimate moment I had with my Lord early last summer when I saw my baby boy at his worst point. As his mother I felt completely out of control and out of ideas/strategies to help him and my heart was breaking. It was at that moment that I cried out to the Lord and asked my little guy to talk to Jesus and we asked Him to help us... together. That was the day things started to change. Some day I hope to get my book published to you guys can hear the whole story. For now, I give you these words from the bottom of my heart.

I hope at least one person can identify with my feelings. May they be a blessing in your life!
DC

In Just a Year...
by DC

A year ago today... Our nightmare was beginning
A year ago today... Our path seemed so unclear
A year ago today... Dreams and hopes were slowly fading
A year ago today... God’s voice was hard to hear
A year ago today... Friendships began waning
A year ago today... My heart was filled with fear
A year ago today... Our baby boy was changing
A year ago today... My heart began to tear
A year ago today... Bumps and bruises were hardly fading
Yet, A year ago today... I learned that God is near.

A year ago today... My home became my fortress
A year ago today... I could not find a friend
A year ago today... We wondered in the wilderness
A year ago today... I thought this would never end
A year ago today... The fake smiles hid my bitterness
A year ago today... I sought my heart to mend
A year ago today... I searched for ways my pain to harness
A year ago today... I prayed that fear to the depths I could send
A year ago today... I searched for peace and happiness
A year ago today... I learned the rules to bend.

A year ago today... No hope left for tomorrow
A year ago today... No hands to show the way
A year ago today... I swallowed all my sorrow
A year ago today... I let the chips fall where they may
A year ago today... I sought for strength to borrow
A year ago today... I humbled myself to pray
A year ago today... No longer was I hollow
A year ago today... His hands showed me the way
A year ago today... I remembered whom I should follow
And a year ago today... I heard His sweet voice say:

A year FROM today... This will all just be a memory
A year from today... This will all seem far away
A year from today... This will be a part of history
A year from today... This will help YOU lead the way
A year from today... I will use this for My glory
A year from today... I will give you the words to say
A year from today... You'll no longer have to worry
A year from today... You’ll no longer fear each day
A year from today... Your son won’t be a mystery
And a year from today... With thanks I will hear you pray.

A year from today... Through Me your confidence will show
A year from today... Into my arms you’ll learn to run
A year from today... A whole new life you’ll come to know
A year from today... A new chapter will have begun
A year from today... You’ll have new seeds you’ll need to sow
A year from today... My work will not yet be done
A year from today... New dreams will blossom, new plans will grow
A year from today... The dark will be replaced by rays of the sun
A year from today... Joy and peace you’ll learn to stow
A year from today... You’ll know Me, my Spirit, my Son.

A year from today... Not ever will I your side desert
A year from today... You will not falter or be fazed
A year from today... You’ll feel your pain into joy convert
A year from today... You WILL look back and be amazed
A year from today... Words of love your son WILL blurt
A year from today... You will press on, no longer dazed
A year from today... Back to peace your life will I revert
A year from today... Into My heart you will have gazed
A year from today... Perfect peace will have healed your hurt
A year from today... You’ll shout for joy with your hands raised
A year from today... All around will hear your voice assert
That a year from today... Across the land My name forever shall be praised!

No comments:

Post a Comment