Welcome! Glad you are here!

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil,
to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 (NKJV)

Sharing resources, research, ideas, inspiring scripture, success stories and even failures...

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

My favorite visual to explain my child

So, how many times have you found yourself in that situation where you bump into a friend somewhere and you start small talk. In the process, you coax your child with ASD to greet your friend (someone familiar and safe). The greeting goes as usual (planned/scripted), then it's time for small talk. Your friend asks a simple, typical question and your child responds with something so out of this world (yet very logical to him/her) and you find yourself "translating" between your puzzled friend and your child who desperately wants to connect but has now lost interest. Sound familiar??? Well, here is my all time favorite visual that describes this situation. I absolutely love it and share it with as many folks as I can! I found it on Pinterest and traced it back to the following site: http://thelittleblackduck.com.au/lbd/communication-difficulty-and-autism/

I hope you find it as helpful and useful as I did. Enjoy!
Blessings!
DC



1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete