Welcome! Glad you are here!

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil,
to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 (NKJV)

Sharing resources, research, ideas, inspiring scripture, success stories and even failures...

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

No burning bush...but pretty darn cool!

Hi all!  So, as you all saw my last post was pretty deep... one of the hardest posts I've written so far. If you are a regular reader of my blog, you will know that I am always stressing the need to spend quality, intimate time with the Lord in order to find peace in this crazy journey. I spent some quality time with my God last night, asking Him for guidance and protection over my beautiful boy. This morning, the first song that came on my iPod was "Sin Dolor"(Without Pain) by Lilly Goodman. I've said in my previous posts that I'm not one to talk about visions or burning bushes, but this was pretty darn cool!  Once you read the lyrics you will understand.  I hope they will be a blessing to you in your own walk through the puzzle.

General message of the song in English:
Without pain, there is no gain. Everything worth fighting for in life has a price, even if we stumble along the way. What good is it to win, if it was so easy to reach your goal? You don't want to go through struggles, but sometimes they serve as means to awaken gifts hidden inside of you... and move you out of complacency that keeps you in your comfort zone. Remember these struggles will only push you further towards your goal. I know sometimes we have to take the hits in order to grow and be able to mature, otherwise we won't know how to manage what is to come... and even though the pain in that moment is so cruel, God will not leave you there longer than what you can take!

Have a blessed week!
DC

Lyrics in Spanish:
No, sin dolor no hay ganador. Todo cuesta un valor por el que hay que luchar, a pesar de tropezar. ¿De qué importaría ganar si fue tan fácil llegar a la meta? ¿y al final, que más habrá? No quieres pasar dificultad pero a veces servirá para despertar el don que dentro hay. Y salir de la comodidad que te aferra a ese lugar y a la meta con firmeza avanzar. Sí, lo sé, a veces hay que ser golpeado para poder crecer y alcanzar un poco más de madurez, porque no habría forma de saber manejar lo que vendrá. Y aunque el dolor en esos tiempos puede ser tan cruel, pero Dios no nos dejará permanecer allá mas tiempo del que podamos soportar.
Video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbdQVmqrANg

No comments:

Post a Comment