Welcome! Glad you are here!

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil,
to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 (NKJV)

Sharing resources, research, ideas, inspiring scripture, success stories and even failures...

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Just in Time!

It's been a rough couple of weeks with our little guy. There have been some changes at school and it's really thrown him for a loop. I know nothing we do as his parents is in vain, but some days we feel worn and empty. Today I read this beautiful poem written by a child with ASD. It's from the Autisable weblog, submitted by "autismfelt"(go to www.autismfelt.com for more info).

I titled this post "Just in Time" because this came to me at just the right time. God knew that I needed to read this, as in my heart I believe this is what Nathan would say to me if he could. I hope you are blessed by these words, as was I.

Hugs & Blessings!
DC

My Mom is ExtraordinaryI hope this poem about Autism touches the hearts of all the “extraordinary moms.” 

It was written by 12 year old Jacqueline Shea.  

 

My Mom is Extraordinary

  • Chosen by God, she is going to have me.
    Mommy doesn’t know she will give birth to me yet.
    I hope she likes me.
    Mommy is an extraordinary mother, having a special child.
    I am not going to be a normal child;
    But God chose me to be this way.
    God chose mommy to take care of me.
    At first, she might be devastated- she’ll think there’s something wrong with me.
    But God has faith in her, so I know she’ll love me and know that I am perfect.
    I am different.
    I may not speak out loud. I think differently. I speak through my mind and actions.
    I communicate through images.
    I know she’ll love me, regardless of what others think.
    She’s a mother chosen by God.

    Read original post

No comments:

Post a Comment