Welcome! Glad you are here!

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil,
to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 (NKJV)

Sharing resources, research, ideas, inspiring scripture, success stories and even failures...

Monday, February 13, 2012

Go Team Peace in the Puzzle!!!

I'm so sorry I haven't written anything in so long. For those who do not know, we've been going through a month-long illness loop at our house of colds and stomach bugs. Add to that the fact that my mother in law has been in the hospital for over a month now and that has turned our world upside down. We ask that people keep her in your prayers, and I especially ask for prayers that God continue to give my husband the strength to endure everything that's being thrown at him right now. In the midst of all the chaos this month, we have a beam of sunlight peeking through:

Our fundraising team, Peace in the Puzzle, was honored at a reception this weekend for being one of the top grossing teams for the Greater Boston Walk Now for Autism Speaks in the year 2011. I am proud to have been the captain for our team, but can not take any of the credit for the incredible job my team members did with the fundraising! Kudos to them for their hard work. An unexpected surprise was the trophy we received at the gala on Saturday night!!! My husband and I weren't able to go (with all that's been going on), but the Powers family was there to represent our team and rightfully was awarded the trophy, since they were the top fundraisers of the group! God bless you guys!!!

To all my readers, keep in mind that even in our greatest sorrow we can do so much to help others. One of our team families had recently received ASD diagnoses for BOTH of their kids when they joined our fundraising team back in July 2011, yet they turned their energies towards fundraising and allowed our team to do so much to help others through the wonderful organization of Autism Speaks. Once again, here is the verse that gives us strength to keep going, knowing God has everything in control and that each thing that happens is part of His master plan:
"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you, says the Lord." Jeremiah 29:11-14a

Go Team Peace in the Puzzle! Over $6,000 raised our first year!
Be blessed!
DC

No comments:

Post a Comment