Welcome! Glad you are here!

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil,
to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 (NKJV)

Sharing resources, research, ideas, inspiring scripture, success stories and even failures...

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Circles and Rocks

Another dreary day today... not a good one for Nathan!  As parents of children on the autism spectrum (or any other special needs, for that matter), we have to be expert detectives in figuring out our kids: what are they saying/communicating? does something hurt? are they sick? are they hungry? what is making them act differently today? did I skip an important step in our routine?... the questions go on and on...and so do our worries.

Today it was my mom who said it out loud: "I wonder what it is..."  This got me thinking about 2 wonderful short articles that were recently in the Autism Support Network newsletter.  They were each written by a different mom discussing these exact issues.  I will put these links on my list of helpful articles but I wanted to share them with you today:

Autism Circles
Whose Rock Are You?

Because these articles were found in secular sites, I wanted to expand their scope into what Scripture says in these matters.
God sits above the circles of the earth and watches over His people:
Isaiah 40:21-31
Through rivers and waters:
Psalm 46
Psalm 65:5-10
Cast your cares on the Lord:
Peter 5:6-11
Do not worry:
Matthew 6:25-31
The Lord is our rock:
Psalm 18:1-6
Psalm 18:16-36
Psalm 18:46-50
Psalm 27
Psalm 31

In my Sunday school class, I've been teaching the kids about Jesus.  Layla, one of our featured kids on this site, is THE BEST student at remembering what we've learned.  I want to leave you with a quote from her as I sign off today's post: "Jesus is the rock that makes you STRONG and keeps you SAFE!"

Thanks, Layla!!!
God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment