Welcome! Glad you are here!

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil,
to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 (NKJV)

Sharing resources, research, ideas, inspiring scripture, success stories and even failures...

Friday, August 5, 2011

A special prayer for some unbelievable women

Just as I finished "publishing" my last post (which I posted while I sat at the salon-- something I have not done in... well, let's not even say how long!) the girl doing my hair started sharing her best friend's story.  God has a funny sense of humor and sometimes He speaks so clearly it's like He is screaming!  Here I was asking for support after some hard days and then I hear the story of Kay...


I've known the girl doing my hair for about 2 years now. She is the amazing, brave soldier who stood by us through every one of the little man's haircuts, enduring the screaming, kicking and head butting (one time she thought he had knocked out one of my teeth... and to this day still tells the story).  Kay is her best friend, and she is a single mom to a four year old son diagnosed on the autism spectrum.  It has been an incredibly hard road for Kay... and her best friend (also a single mom) has moved in with her to help out with her little guy.


This got me thinking about all you Hero Moms out there... you single moms and moms whose husbands are in the service and deployed overseas.  Tonight I am saying a special prayer for each and every one of you.  Your strength, perseverance and poise is awesome, in the TRUE sense of the word. I am blessed to have one of the most supportive and involved fathers in my husband... and I still have many a day when I am ready to give up.  How do you guys do it on your own?  People ask me all the time how I do it... and I really tell them I know no other life, I would not know any different!  As long as I've been a parent I've had to deal with having a son with unique qualities that set him apart from the average child.  But I also will concede that it is ONLY by God's grace that I am able to pull myself out of bed, run to work, pick up my son, drive him to therapy, come home for more therapy there, get dinner ready, clean up and try to stay awake past 8 o'clock so I can actually see my husband... but I am able to pass him the baton. He comes home right from a full day of work, gives the little man a bath, gets him ready for bed and then tends to all the daily home "business."


I am in awe of those of you who don't have your relay runner to pass the baton to when you've reached the end of your rope.  This is where my prayer begins... that the Lord may multiply your strength and give you wings like eagles:
"Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the LORD, The Creator of the ends of the earth, Neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall, But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength;They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:28-31


I pray that your strength be renewed and you be surrounded by His compassion, which is new every morning:
"Through the LORD’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. “ The LORD is my portion,” says my soul, “ Therefore I hope in Him!” The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, To the soul who seeks Him."  Lamentations 3:22-25
I actually recommend that you read from verse 22 through the end of the chapter:
Lamentations 3 (Bible Gateway)


You are Heroes, each and every single one of you.  Life is hard... life with a child on the spectrum is hard... life with more than one child on the spectrum is hard... life with children on the spectrum for a couple is hard... life with children on the spectrum for a single mom is (quoting a doctor I met recently) "running a marathon at a sprint"... Life without Jesus Christ... well, THAT I can't imagine!


God bless you, each and every one of you.  You are amazing angels of God and I pray for you today.  Be strong in the Lord!
Hugs and blessings!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Great post! Thank God for Jesus Christ who gives us strength.~Miriam

    ReplyDelete